New Year’s Resolution to Write a Will
To make a successful new year resolution, it’s important to choose a goal that is specific and meaningful to you. Writing a will is an important task that can provide peace of mind and protect the people and assets you care about. Here are some steps you can follow to write a will:
1. Determine your assets: Make a list of all your assets, including property, savings, investments, and personal possessions.
2. Decide who you want to inherit your assets: Consider who you want to inherit your assets and in what proportions. You can also appoint a guardian for any minor children.
3. Choose an executor: Choose someone you trust to manage the distribution of your assets according to your will.
4. Write your will: You can write your will yourself or hire a lawyer to help. Be sure to include specific language about how you want your assets distributed and any other wishes you have, such as funeral arrangements.
5. Sign and witness your will: In order for your will to be legally valid, it must be signed and witnessed by at least two people who are not beneficiaries of the will.
It’s important to review and update your will regularly, as your circumstances and wishes may change over time.
We at Ashby and Partners LLP can help you to organise your affairs. Please contact us for Inheritance Tax Planning (IHT) and free WILL with every Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA).
TEL: 020 71125175
ADDRESS: 272 London Road ,Wallington, Surrey, UK , SM6 7DJ